- 1🗓 The U.S. is considering selling 50- and 100-year bonds after interest rates on 30-year U.S. debt hit record lows. https://www.msgp.pl/pltOwPw
- 2📉 Less than a decade ago, these nations faced bankruptcy. Now their bonds yield nothing. https://www.msgp.pl/Xwk9dfw
- 3📱 The U.S. extended sanction exemptions for some companies using China's Huawei equipment for 90 days: https://www.msgp.pl/fI5YbTw
- 4🇩🇪 Germany is readying a stimulus plan to bolster its economy should it be hit with a deep recession: https://www.msgp.pl/uYQ5Gow
- 5🌏 Is there another Asian debt crisis on the way? McKinsey is warning that the signs are "ominous." https://www.msgp.pl/8TO6R8w
- 6🚗 Auto sales to the U.S. have held steady, while China’s buying has risen considerably. 🖥 And since last year, Europe is officially more reliant on Chinese tech imports and exports than on the U.S.
⚡ But energy imports from the U.S. to Europe’s five largest economies are at an all-time record. Though imports from Russia are far greater, the countries’ reliance on their eastern neighbor has waned.
We've broken it down. See the data: https://www.msgp.pl/QPeUJqw
- 7📉 Hong Kong’s financial markets are in one of their most volatile periods in years, and signs of a turnaround are few and far between. https://www.msgp.pl/X3ZxUuw
- 8👀 With global recession fears growing and bond yields tumbling, there are many reasons why the annual Federal Reserve Jackson Hole economic symposium will be the most watched one in years: https://www.msgp.pl/by6l0rw
- 9US says Donald Trump regrets not being tougher on China https://t.co/U8ZLPMVNsx
- 10Donald Trump says he has had second thoughts on escalating the trade war with China, a rare expression of regret from a president prone to doubling down.
"I have second thoughts about everything," Trump told reporters at the Group of Seven summit in France on Sunday morning.
Trump has seen his poll numbers sag ahead of the 2020 election, as consumers sour on his aggressive trade stance against China.
Weekly Stock Digest